Friday 30 April 2010

Redesigning and Exploring

Yesterdays blip at the end of the session seems to have sorted itself out and I'm back in action. The first thing I need to do is research a higher level of EM sensor sensitivity the design below which I thought was a fire control is actually an active sensor which is huge:

Active Sensor Strength: 210 Sensitivity Modifier: 50%
Sensor Size: 10 HS Sensor HTK: 1
Primary Mode: Resolution: 1 Maximum Range: 1,050,000 km
Chance of destruction by electronic damage: 100%
Cost: 210 Crew: 50
Materials Required: 52.5x Duranium 157.5x Uridium

Development Cost for Project: 2100RP

By improving my EM tech I can design a smaller and probably more powerful version and also a fire control to go with it.

Also a glaring error in my Sunstrike command craft there was no active sensor to detect the missiles until it was too late so all you newbies take this onboard and don't make my mistake.

Another thing I've learnt the hard way is if you have a tanker with a fleet make sure the tanker can hold enough fuel to refuel the whole fleet and then return to a refuel point. I though the Gormus had enough capacity but found it's just a little short.

23rd February 2050

The gravsurvey completes in Upsilon Andromedea system no unexplored jump points are found.

28th April 2050

A friendly state of military cooperation is negotiated with the Peoples Republic of Gienah. This is due to the excellent abilities of our diplomacy teams.

2nd June 2050

The geosurvey team complete the survey of Iapetus.

Only a short update tonight need some rest before a hectic weekend. Should find time to play tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment